Thursday 29 May 2014

DRIVING...WOAH!

I officially turned 18 a few days ago and was so very excited because, apart from the obviously much awaited  legal entry into adulthood (yay! ), I could now drive! My family is really strict about keeping to the law so I was never allowed to even attempt driving before . 
Day 1 of driving school... I am really excited and go in with bucket loads of enthusiasm. I sit behind the wheel and then ... AND THEN  I learn that driving is not as simple as i thought!
 There are gears to change, judgements to make about distance and extent of steering, signals and speed breakers to watch out for, and since I live in India, dogs, cows, and reckless drivers to deal with and dodge.OH! and don't forget ! confusion about the general mechanisms of driving a car. I guess it does not help that I am prone to watching only a limited area and am often caught in day dreams.
RESULT : A mess every morning where I end up really really confused. It has also translated onto my cycle riding skills (clean please! ) Earlier, I was good at it. I used to cycle to school and anywhere within a 5 km radius. Today, when I decided to go cycling, I saw myself constantly muttering prayers along the lines of "Please don't kill me. please don't kill me. I wont bother you, you don't bother me ok? God!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me!!! hey, Dude, yea yea awesome bike. now please stay away from me. please. " 

Basically, extremely stressful. Apparently, this is how learners usually feel in the beginning . well, i hope that's the case with me and that I can soon navigate along the roads without suffering mini- heart attacks at an alarming frequency ! Meanwhile, people who already drive, I have a new found respect for all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Lol!!!!

    Yeah its the same with every 1 . Everyone thinks Driving is easy and then while driving for the first time. We get to no that Changing gears is not as Fun as they show in Movies !!!

    You will Drive like a Pro soon with some Practice!!!

    ReplyDelete