Friday 22 April 2011

A cycling adventure

It was the summer of '05 when this happened.My friend and I had decided to have a bicycling race. The lane outside my home is a very long and quiet lane which leads to a noisy main road. We started at a point outside my home and decided to end at a point outside my friend's home. At that time, I was as fit as a fiddle and could cycle at a very competitive speed. 2 minutes into the race and I had taken the lead. That was when I saw a man at a distance from me,standing in the middle of the road talking to somebody on his personal phone!!!!!
I tried applying the brakes but I realised that they were not working!!! I started ringing the cycle bell madly and shouting wildly at the man who was unfortunately too engrossed in his talk to hear the loud cacophony!!!!
When he did hear, he turned around but was too bewildered to do anything but stand gaping at my fast approaching form. My cycle and I crashed into him and surprisingly, both he and the cycle landed on me !!!! Fortunately, neither of us got hurt and both of us burst into laughter. My friend had reached the spot by then and she joined in too.
That day, I learnt a lesson- always check your cycle brakes before starting out and never stand talking in the middle of the road, oblivious to the people around!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with you ...
    talking about roads your the queen in crossing roads and helping me cross too.. lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha this was quiet hilarious nd intersting to no.!!!!

    ReplyDelete